MP seeks expressions of interest for ANZAC committee
FEDERAL Member for Riverina, Michael McCormack, is seeking expressions of interest for
a committee to determine how the Riverina will spend its ANZAC Centenary Local Grant allocation.
“I will establish a committee of passionate locals to help decide how the Riverina can
best spend its $100,000 allocation,” Mr McCormack said.
The $100,000 allocated to the Riverina by the Commonwealth Government can include funding of
the following projects:
- Public commemorative events
- New World War 1 memorials and honour boards
- The restoration of existing World War 1 memorials and honour boards
- The preservation, interpretation and display of World War 1 wartime and military
- memorabilia and artefacts
- School projects related to World War 1.
Expressions of interest in joining the Riverina’s committee should be lodged with Mr McCormack’s office by 5pm, Friday 31 May 2013.
Applicants should highlight in 100 words or less their background and reasons for wanting to join the committee.
For further information on the ANZAC Centenary Local Grants programme can be found online (http://www.anzaccentenary.gov.au/).