Mobile coverage blackspot submissions close Thursday

SUBMISSIONS to the Federal Government’s $100 million mobile coverage blackspot program close on 31 July 2014, Riverina MP Michael McCormack says.

“Mobile coverage blackspots are a very important issue in the Riverina and something I have raised in Parliament on many occasions since I was elected,” Mr McCormack said.

“I welcomed the $100 million program when it was first announced last year and have worked hard to ensure communities within the Riverina are well represented during the submission process.”

In May Mr McCormack also invited Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister for Communications, Paul Fletcher, to visit the Riverina and conduct public forums on mobile phone coverage in Tumut and Narrandera.

“The public consultation I conducted alongside Paul Fletcher was very productive and I will continue to work with Mr Fletcher as the program progresses,” Mr McCormack said.

“Whilst I have made representations and submissions on behalf of many communities within the Riverina, individuals and groups are still able to make submissions and ensure their community’s concerns are given consideration.”

Submissions can be lodged by emailing mobilecoverage@communications.gov.au and will close at 5pm on Thursday 31 July 2014. For further information, please contact Mr McCormack’s office.

Cristy Houghton